Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Help Please! My 2 year old is refusing her medicine!!?

I don't know what else to do. She has a severe ear infection that needs immediate attention. I have tried everything. We have to hold her and force it down. (no nasty comments about that please). She will cry and cough until she throws it back up. She can detect this stuff in anything. I have tried masking it in yogurt, oatmeal, juices, ice cream...you name the food, we have tried it. I am at wits end and the medicine does not come in a pill form for me to crush and sneak in her. At this point, this is the 3rd antibiotic she has been on in 2 weeks. What else can I do? The doctors just keep giving her different meds, but since they do not come in a pill form, this is making it extra hard to camouflage.

No comments:

Post a Comment